Founded in 1975, the Irish Planning Institute is the all-island professional body representing professional planners engaged in physical, spatial and environmental planning in Ireland and Irish planners practicing overseas.
The Irish Planning Institute’s mission is to advance planning in the interest of the common good by serving, improving and promoting the planning profession.
The aims of the Irish Planning Institute are:
- To raise the standards of planning.
- To articulate professional planning opinion.
- To improve and promote the status of the planning profession.
- To contribute to planning education.
- To encourage environmental awareness in the community.
- To represent Irish planning interests abroad.