Integrating Planning and Development
Strong economic recovery continues to spread across the country throughout our urban and rural environments. Against this backdrop, our planning system is charged with managing the significant new development that is being generated while also ensuring that it is underpinned by the highest quality in planning terms and delivers benefits to all our citizens.
At the same time, the conference takes place against an unprecedented level of change and evolution in the Irish Planning System following on from the launch of Project Ireland 2040. These include the multi-annual funding programmes for urban and rural regeneration initiatives, the establishing of a new Land Development Agency, delivery of national scale infrastructure schemes and new guidelines on achieving quality urban development. Importantly, the Office of the Planning Regulator is a new statutory body whose function is to support our planning system - enabling better plan-making, improved oversight and valuable research. Organisations presenting at the Conference such as Irish Water, Coillte and the OPW play a key role in providing essential infrastructure to enable urban consolidation and expansion as well as rural regeneration and development.
The Irish Planning Institute is delighted to be organising this Conference in collaboration with our Host Local Authority Leitrim County Council and with generous support from our Title Sponsor Irish Water. The Conference takes place in the Landmark Hotel in Carrick on Shannon – known as the cruising capital of the River Shannon. Renowned for its attractive streetscapes, bustling marinas and traditional shop fronts, and situated only two hours from Dublin, accessible by public transport, the location as well as the content and speakers will make the 2019 Annual Planning Conference an essential event for Planners and colleagues in allied professions.
The IPI have secured a special delegate rate for guests staying in the Landmark Hotel and associated hotels close by of €80 per room per night bed and breakfast for an ensuite room. Please contact the hotel booking line 071 9622222 directly and quote Conference Code 38294 for secure this delegate rate.
An Early Bird rate is available for bookings until the 28th February 2019. The Early Bird rate will only apply to bookings that are paid in full by the 28th February 2019.
Confirmed speakers include
- Olivia Kelly – Irish Times Journalist and Conference Chair
- Dave Walsh – Chair of An Bord Pleanala
- Joe Corr - Irish Planning Institute President
- Niall Cussen - Office of the Planning Regulator
- Ciaran Fallon - Director Stewardship - Coillte
- John Coleman - Chief Executive - Land Development Agency
- Lar Power - Chief Executive - Leitrim County Council
- Mark Adamson - Assistant Chief Engineer - OPW
- Eunan Quinn - Senior Planner - Donegal County Council
- Paula Galvin - Director - McCutcheon Halley Chartered Planning Consultants
- Rose Webb - Senior Architect Limerick City and County Council
- Maria Graham - Assistant Secretary (Planning) - Department of Housing, Planning and Local Government
- Sheenagh Rooney - Assistant Secretary (Corporate & Strategic Development) - Department of Community and Rural Affairs
- Sean Laffey - Head of Asset Management Irish Water
- Angela Ryan - Water Resources Planner Irish Water
- Dr Marian Coll - Ecologist and Lecturer TU Dublin