Role: Policy & Membership Coordinator
Reporting to: Executive Director
Tenure: Permanent & full time – 37.5 hours per week
Location: IPI Head Office – currently 25 Great Strand Street, Dublin 1
The Irish Planning Institute is the all island professional body representing planners engaged in physical and environmental planning in Ireland.
The Policy & Membership Coordinator will manage the onboarding of new Members to the Irish Planning Institute and liaise with stakeholders to prepare IPI Policy Submissions and Statements. This is a key role as part of a small Executive Team of three, working with a wide variety of external consultants, Members, the IPI Council and Committees.
The Role encompasses the following areas:
Policy Development 40% of role
- Work with the Policy & Research Committee, President, Vice President and Executive Director in the preparation and delivery of IPI Policy in relation to emerging planning guidelines and new legislation affecting the work of Planners and the Planning System;
- This will involve gathering and reporting on quantitative and qualitative data, examining the effects of current and emerging planning policy, formulating and delivering submissions;
- This role provides Executive Support to the Policy & Research Committee.
Membership Development 20% of role
- Support new applicants for Student, Graduate and Corporate Membership through the Membership Application Process and prepare lists of new Member Applicants for consideration by the Membership and Professional Practice Committee and Council;
- Provide advice and support to unsuccessful applicants on other bridging options for admission to Membership of the Institute;
- Manage new and existing Membership Records in the IPI CRM System and prepare invoicing lists for the IPI Administrator and Accountant;
- Report on new Member Admission Figures to the Executive Director;
- Manage and support IPI CPD Membership Programme;
- This role provides Executive Support to the Membership & Professional Practice Committee and the Technical and Education Committee.
Event Support 20% of role
- Support the Executive Director and relevant Committees in the conception and delivery of the IPI CPD Events Programme for Members and other stakeholders;
- This role will involve collation and preparation of the IPI Annual and Autumn Conference Programmes.
This is a key role in support of the Executive Director of the Irish Planning Institute. Other administrative duties and support will be required from time to time.
Education, Skills and Competencies Required
- Third Level Degree in Planning and eligibility for Membership of the IPI
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Positive can-do upbeat attitude to working as part of a small team and taking on new projects
- Professional confidence and ability to engage with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Excellent organisation and administrative skills
- Strong knowledge and experience using Microsoft Office, Social Media and CRM Platforms
Discretion and good level of emotional intelligence
Please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com by Friday 12th April 2019.